Thursday, January 31, 2013

A New Addition to Our Family

Hey there!
 
Life around here has been so busy, I haven't been able to find much time to sit down and blog. Now that the Holidays are over, and things have slowed down a bit, I hope I can get back into a routine blogging schedule again!
 
Back to the reason for my post!

WE GOT A DOG!

 
Meet Sandy!
 
This may not seem like a big deal to some of y'all, but Neil and I both love dogs, and we both have  wanted a Golden Retriever for as long as we can remember.

Her Story:

A few days before Christmas, I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few more things for Christmas dinner. (We had steak by the way, and it was ah-mazing!) Neil dropped me off at the door and went to find a parking spot. As I was walking in the store, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dog walking up to me. I stopped to look, and there she was. She walked right up to me and let me pet her. I felt so bad for her, someone had dropped her out and she was all alone.

After petting her for a minute, I went on into the store and she tried to follow me in. (insert melted heart here!) I went on in and got my groceries and when I came out I didn't see her, so I figured she had moved on.

When I got to the car, Neil jumped out and said "Don't freak out, but I have a dog in the car!" I looked in the back seat and there she was! I was SO excited! Apparently, Neil's cousin, Leah was at the store too and saw Sandy. While I was in the store, she and Neil asked around to see if anyone knew anything about her. Several people said that she had been dropped out, and that animal control was on the way to pick her up. After they heard that, Leah opened our car door and told Sandy to get in....and she did, without hesitation.

 
We named her Sandy for a few different reasons:

1. Because of our love fore the beach
and
2. Because out of our list of names, Sandy was the only one she would respond to!


It's funny, because my hair dresser, Theresa, volunteers for the local animal shelter and was in the area when all this happened. She heard the call on the radio for someone to come pick Sandy up, and then heard the animal control guys say he couldn't find her. Theresa said she was so glad we picked her up, because the shelter was full that day.

Several people were scared of Sandy because she had a weird bald spot on her ear, they thought she had mange or something. Turns out it was just from her scratching. She was a bit malnourished and because of that, she had developed a mild skin infection, but now it's healing nicely and is under control!

Neil and I both are so grateful to have miss Sandy in our lives! We've both said so many times that she was our Christmas blessing! She's such a joy and I honestly can't imagine life without her. She has such a sweet personality...I don't think she'll ever meet a stranger.

 
Does your pet have a neat story? I'd love to hear it!
 
xo Julia (and Sandy)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment