Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

Here in Alabama, the weather is getting cooler and as much as I don't want to, I will soon have to give up my flip-flops, shorts and sundresses.  But not to worry, because I have been on the look out for some classy and fabulous fall fashion, and I found it!  Here are a few of my favorites in no particular order.

Colors: Carry On, Glamour Purse, Case Study, Power Clutch, Very Structured, and Lady Like  

The new fall line from Essie.  I hate going anywhere with out my nails being polished, so keeping up with the seasonal color trends are important to me.  I tend to lean more towards a shade of red or pink every time I paint my nails so the Carry On and Lady Like colors are my favorite. 


These are some of my fall shoe picks. I love wearing my boat shoes all year round, and Sperry has some really cute new styles for fall.

Silverside Wedge- Classy wedges that are great for day or night.  The wedge heel gives you stability and comfort, while the peep toe adds some extra style.  Available in several colors
Kendall Flat- Just like the Silverside but in a closed toe flat for those days that heels just wont do. Available in many colors and patterns.
A/O- You can't go wrong with a classic!  I love the look of the all leather A/O.  They are perfect for a casual day around town and they are so comfy. Available in tons of colors and patterns.
Cypress Wedge- We all need a cute black wedge.  These are a perfect summer to fall transition shoe.  Also available in leopard canvas and platinum leather.
Avery Slip On Loafer- I love these loafers!  Pair these with some jeans and a cute top and you have the perfect outfit. You can get these in 3 other colors as well.

All of these are pieces from Vineyard Vines, but you can find the same styles just about anywhere... you might even have some hiding in your closet.  And even better, they are classics, so they never really go out of style! 

Oxford- The Oxford shirt is a must have for any preppy wardrobe.  It can be worn under a sweater or by its self.  Either way you wear it, you will have a polished, classy look.  I prefer oxfords with a subtle, light colored vertical stripe or in a solid color.
V-Neck Sweater- A V-neck sweater is, in my opinion, an essential to any wardrobe.  You can wear it with an oxford or tank underneath for at school or the office or just by its self at night, as long as the neck line is not too low!
Cardigan- A cardigan can be added to just about any outfit.  I try to stick with colors that are versatile and will work with lots of different outfits.
Corduroy Skirt- Corduroy is perfect for fall.  A corduroy skirt is great because you have the heavier fabric, but can still enjoy wearing a skirt, even though it is a little cooler outside.  I would recommend a tan or brown color, that way you have lots of color possibilities as far as tops go.
Pullover- I love the quilted shoulder detail on this pullover.  It is casual, but still stylish for those days you have to run out the door. 

Have anymore Fall Fashion ideas or tips? Let me know!
xoxo Julia

5 comments:

  1. Cute post!! I am loving the new Essie colors for fall! I have all but two of them! I use to be strictly pink and have really began branching out with my color options! I have even gone so far as to wear blues, greens, and greys. You really should consider trying them out! My only issue is that I paint my nails every morning.. not so great for my already hectic morning routine!

    I also LOVE that vineyard vines quilted pullover! I want it so bad!


    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been thinking about trying some new colors, I looked at several while I was in town, but couldn't decide on one! I always end up painting my nails at night...one less thing I have to do in the morning...I can't handle too much in the morning haha. As for the pullover, I love it too, I have been wanting one really bad! Thanks for the comment!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I really thought that Essie collection was gorgeous until I actually bought it and wore it then I was seriously disappointed in the colors. I really want a pair of sperrys for fall! Love your blog! I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!! I'm glad I didn't buy them. I'm going to stick with the $1 Petites that are about the same size as Essie and come in TONS of colors for a lot less money! Any you should really get some sperry's...I LOVE them!

    xoxo Julia

    Thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fall shoes from Sperry!!

    ReplyDelete