2 cups white sugar 1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten well 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 cups apples, peeled and chopped 2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups AP flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x13 baking dish.
2. In medium bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and oil. Stir in apples.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into apple mixture.
4. Stir in vanilla. Pour into pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and tooth pick comes out pretty clean. Great served warm with vanilla ice cream.
*You can use Self Rising flour in place of the AP flour, just omit the baking soda.
*After I chopped the apples, I put them in a bowl and sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon over them, stir them around and let them sit while I mix the other ingredients. It makes for a moister cake!
The cake might be a little gooey, but that's ok, it's just the juices from the apples. It's even better that way in my opinion! Hope y'all enjoy!
*EDIT* Here is the Chicken Divan Recipe! Credit to my MIL for this dish too!
1 head of broccoli, steamd and chopped 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese1 can cream of chicken soup 4 boneless chicken breast, boiled and shredded
3/4 C. sour cream Optional: Rice or Egg Noodles
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Combine steamed brocoli, soup, chicken and sour cream in casserole dish
3. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes or until bubbly. We like ours served with rice or egg noodles!
P.S. Crystal over at Coffee at Nordstrom is having a super cute Monogrammed Bag giveaway! Head on over and enter for your chance to win!