Hey y'all! Hope everyone is doing well!
Can you believe it's pretty much fall already!? Although fall is my favorite season, I am sad to see summer go! I'll miss the days of skirts, sandals and sundresses, BUT I'm so excited to breakout my plaid, scarves and loafers.
All this beautiful weather we've been having here in North Alabama has got NMC and I wanting to spend more and more time outside (when we get the chance)! We've also been trying to take at least one day a week to do something together, either just the two of us, or with our family.
Here are a few of our favorite activities to do during the fall:
1. Apple Picking - Here's a link to find orchards near you! You might even get lucky, as your local apple orchard might have a cider mill. If that's the case, it's great fun to watch them make the apple cider!
2. Pumpkin Patch - By this time of year, pumpkin patches are in full swing! Have fun with your sweetie, or your entire family going on hay rides, getting lost in corn mazes and enjoying the caramel apples and hot cider. I have such fond memories of going to the pumpkin patch with my family when I was younger!
2b. Pumpkin Carving - How could I not include this one!? Neil and I have so much fun carving our halloween pumpkins! You never know what kinds of cute/scary/funny faces you can come up with!
3. Go for a Scenic Drive - This is one of our favorites! It's a bit too early in the season here for all the leaves to turn, but when they do it's just beautiful! Since we live so close to the river, we have several different, but equally as beautiful routes to drive.
4. Football Games - Self explanatory!
5. Picnic - A classic of course! Pack your old plaid wool blanket and pick up some soup from your favorite restaurant. Pick a spot that has beautiful scenery, it makes your time together even more enjoyable!
6. County Fair - Fall is the season of fairs! I bet just about every weekend during these months, you'll find some kind of fair to attend in your area. The crisp, cool air of an autumn evening makes the fair so much more enjoyable (not to mention all the rides and oh-so-bad-for-you foods)!
I hope after reading this, you take some time out of your busy schedules to spend time with your loved ones! I'm sure there are so many more ideas out there. I'd love to here some of yours!
What are your favorite fall dates or activities?