Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Top 5 Tuesday: November Favorites

Today I'm linking up once again with miss Rachel from Just Peachy for Top 5 Tuesday: November Favorites Edition!  Let me just start off by saying that November really is one of my favorite months! This is why:

1. Birthdays
The 3 most important men in my life, Neil, Dad and Granddaddy's (mom's dad) birthdays are all in November. Even better, Neil and Dad share the same birthday! How weird is that!? There are so many similarities and coincidences in our combined family, that it's scary! For example:
-Neils sisters real first name is Julia (but she goes by Katy) and she was named after her great aunt Julia...so was I!
-My mom and Neil's grandmother share the same birthday (Feb. 3)

and the list goes on...and on...and on! Anyways, back to the subject!

2. Thanksgiving
I love spending Thanksgiving with our families! It's definitely one of my favorite holidays, and I look forward it! I also like having an excuse to stay up late and go shopping on black Friday!

3. Christmas Shopping
I start my Christmas shopping at the beginning of November, so to me, it counts as a November favorite! I absolutely love buying gifts for other people. To be honest, I could go with out gifts for myself before I would for my family and friends! It makes me happier to give than to receive! I like going into stores and smelling the Holiday scents they have placed through out. I also love all the peppermint flavored hot drinks! 

4. The Clothes
Of course I hate when I have to force myself to put up the flip-flops (ok, I admit that my flip-flops are still being worn, but I promise to put them up really soon!) dresses and shorts, but after I get over it, I realize how great fall fashion is! I love being able to just throw on some cute jeans, a sweater and a scarf and run out the door!

5. Crafts
November seems to be my "craft month". I craft all through the year, but November seems to be filled with all kinds of crafts!  Crafts for the house, crafts as gifts and making all my candles and soaps for work. My latest crafts have been hobo purses, driftwood trees, bow ties and recipe books.  I like to make my mom and sister at least one thing for Christmas to go along with their other gifts...I wont say what I made, but I think they'll love it!

What are your November Favorites?

xo Julia

3 comments:

  1. I've really been enjoying doing Christmas shopping this month, too! After joining Pinterest, I make crafts all the time. Can't wait to see what you made as gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming over to my blog yesterday & offering your kind words of encouragement. I was having a slight melt down and needed to take a step back.

    Good luck with all of your Christmas crafts & shopping as well!

    XO's - Mrs. Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall fashion! As soon as September hits, I start praying for cold weather so I can start wearing all of my sweaters and scarves!

    P.S. I'm hosting a ring giveaway on my blog, so make sure you stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete