Monday, December 19, 2011

Dreaming of a White Christmas!

Hey everyone! I hope y'all had a great weekend!

As Christmas gets closer,  find myself praying more and more for a white Christmas! I love to wake up on Christmas morning to a fresh blanket of snow.  If you live up North, snow on Christmas is pretty much a guarantee, but here in Alabama, it's hit or miss.

This is a picture of our house from last year. I'm hoping it looks like that this year too! Just think...our house is a plantation home built in 1820, so it has seen 192 Christmas's! Wow, if walls could talk!

Now on to the Christmas Tree!

This year the tree theme was fruit and berries!  It has a classic, old timey look which I love. It reminds me of the way a tree would have been decorated in our home's time period. Simple and elegant!

Are any of you wishing for snow on Christmas morning?

xo Julia

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your house and tree are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am wishing for snow! In VA we usually always get it! So far...not so good. I love your tree! It looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love your house.. it's beautiful! I would love to live in an old plantation home someday! Clayton's parents house was built in 1892 and I thought that was old! Your tree is beautiful.. I love the theme!

    ReplyDelete